Sycamore Township Zoning Resolution:
The Sycamore Township Zoning Resolution was adopted pursuant to the authority granted to the Township by Chapter 519 of the Ohio Revised Code for the following purposes (without indicating order or priority):
- To promote the public health, safety, morals and general welfare of the Township
- To help secure safety from fire, flood, panic or other dangers
- To enable the Township to implement adopted objectives and policies related to land use
- To facilitate implementation of Township land use plans duly adopted by the Sycamore Township Zoning Commission
- To facilitate revitalization and redevelopment of blighted areas by zoning for more appropriate uses
- To encourage compatibility between different proposed land uses in the Township and to protect the character of existing residential, office, commercial and industrial development areas of the Township from the encroachment of incompatible uses
- To conserve and protect property and property values
- To secure the most appropriate use of land and
- To facilitate adequate but economical provision of public improvements
For a complete review of the Sycamore Township Zoning Resolution, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 513.792.7250.Draft of the redlined version proposed Zoning Resolution updates
Sycamore Township Property Maintenance:
To file a property maintenance complaint CLICK HERE or call our Planning and Zoning Hotline at 513-792-7279.
Most property owners in Sycamore Township take great pride in maintaining their properties. However, there are times when a property may be in violation of the International Property Maintenance Code and / or the Sycamore Township Zoning Resolution. When you notice a property that could be in violation, the Sycamore Township Planning and Zoning Department may be able to help if a nuisance exists.
Once a complaint is received, an investigation will be conducted by our inspector within ten (10) business days, unless prevented by reasons beyond our control. Should the investigation find that the property is in fact in violation, the property owner(s) and/or occupant(s) will be sent a notice alerting them to the problem(s) and giving time to abate the conditions. The majority of these issues are resolved by the property owner within the allotted time. However, if the nuisance persists, Sycamore Township does have the authority to cite property owners to court and/or declare the property a nuisance so that the violations can be abated by a Township hired contractor.
The Housing & Mediation Service, sponsored by HOME, the Apartment Association, and the Real Estate Investors Association, is available to help with property owner issues and neighbor disputes that cannot be handled by current codes. Call (513) 751-2567.
|The Planning & Zoning Department CANNOT resolve the following issues:
|But perhaps the following departments or offices CAN: