To promote interaction between police and the community, to facilitate an alliance between citizens and the police in developing strategies to address crime, and to better address quality of life issues in the neighborhoods, Sycamore Township works with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department District Three (non-emergency) 513-683-3444. If you have an emergency please call 911; for non-emergency dispatch call 513-825-2280. For fingerprinting or accident reports call the Hamilton County Justice Center, 513-946-6220, 1000 Sycamore Street, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department
Lt. Tory L. Smith
If you were involved in an accident or a crime within the limits of Sycamore Township you may need to obtain an accident report for your insurance company or attorney. Accident reports may be obtained through the Records Department of the Hamilton County Justice Center located at 1000 Sycamore Street, Room 100 Cincinnati, OH 45202 (513) 946-6220.
Please note – reports will be available within 3-5 business days after the accident or crime
Going on vacation? If so, as a Township resident you’re entitled to a Vacation Watch service that is provided by The Hamilton County Sheriffs Patrol. Each day our uniformed deputies check residences of those who have signed up for this service.
To add your residence to the check list call the Sheriffs Headquarters at (513) 825-1500
Advise the deputy you’re going on vacation, he/she will ask a series of questions ranging from your departure and return dates and times to emergency contacts in the event something happens while you’re away. It’s important to remember a few basic rules for the security of your residence while you’re away from home:
- Make arrangements for your mail and newspaper to be stopped or picked up.
- Have your yard cut and snow removed regularly. Your property should look like someone is present.
- Timers provide added security for lights and/or other audible devises that make your house look and sound as though someone is there.
- Advise a trusted person that you’ll be away and have them check your home on a daily basis.
- Keep all windows and doors locked.